Re: How do I get the message body ???

2002-08-12 00:06:10
I wrote:

Anyway, \< is a nice shortcut to delimit word-edges,

I should have added that the address in the mail you get
might also be preceded by a "<".  The \< delimiter (don't
let the similar look of the syntax imply to you any
similarity in meaning) should work fine on the alphanumeric
text that follows that, too.  Test that, though, as I can't
recall for sure.  If it doesn't work with

        <test(_at_)me(_dot_)com>

then you can use this instead:

        WS="    "  # inside the quotes are a space and a tab
        ADDY="[a-z0-9+._=-]+"  # I forgot the "." earlier, sorry

        * $ ^From:.*[$WS]?<?\/$ADDY(_at_)$ADDY

and that will save the address, until whitespace, end-of-line,
or, for example, a ">" character (which you want to exclude),
to MATCH.

--
dman