Re: Re[2]: procmailrc question

2002-08-13 21:24:25
But I need 2 different basic procmailrc files for 2 different delivery mode.
May I do it or it is impossible?

Alexander Gorlov

sendmail.cf:
--
Mlocal,                 P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9,
S=10/10, R

The -m option is incompatible with the -d option.  Once it saw the -m,
the rest of the args are interpreted as an rcfile name and then arguments
for the rcfile.  As you've discovered, mailfilter mode changes the way
procmail picks the ID it'll run as.  If you want procmail to deliver to
users, processing certain recipes for all users, then use delivery mode,
not mailfilter mode, and put those recipes in /etc/procmailrc.

So, change your sendmail.cf (and sendmail.mc, I hope) back to invoke
procmail as
procmail -Y -d $u

and put the recipes in the right place.

Followups should be sent to the procmail list.

Philip Guenther