Re: Procmail and file permissions

2002-08-15 11:59:28
At 12:31 2002-08-15 +0200, ja_szucs(_at_)freestart(_dot_)hu did say:

The system is FreeBSD + Sendmail + Procmail called via a .forward file.

version, version, and version ?

The only solution I see is to make /var/mail word-writeable, when mails are actually delivered, but I think this represents a very high security risk.

Mailboxes within there are owned by what user and _group_?

Is there a better workaround for this problem?

Is procmail properly setuid root?

Have you tried running procdiag (see my disclaimer link)?