Need help demunging Subject header

2002-08-28 11:46:11
I am sure this has been discussed before, but I looked in the archives (can't
figure out narrow enough search) and on the various FAQ/Tips pages and can't
find an answer...

Several misguided mailing lists add a "[identifier] " token to their Subject:
headers to make their lists "easy" to use.  One list I am on just added a
very long id, which is annoying enough I want to get rid of it with procmail.
 To make it worse, it is not always immediately after Subject.  For replies,
it can look like:

Subject: Re: [identifier] Stuff I would like to keep

Can someone tell me, or point me to a reference to, a way to do this
efficiently?

Thank you.
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmasjc(_at_)tatanka(_dot_)stortek(_dot_)com