Re: Summary: Conflict between c flag and filter

2002-08-28 19:17:01
Luke explained to Don,

| When there is a c flag, plus a set of braces, procmail forks: the first
| handling the braces, and the clone handling what is after the braces.

Thank you.  It's actually the other way around.  Easy way to check:

LOG="The PID before the cloning is $$.
"

 :0c
 {
  LOG="The PID inside the braces is $$.
"
  HOST
 }

LOG="The PID that didn't enter the braces is $$.
"

HOST

| Never do that, unless you really intend to.

Right.  If the code inside the braces doesn't complete delivery, the clone
will keep going and also read all the rcfile code after the braced area ends,
so you can get two copies that way: I've had situations where I wanted that,
but normally, you do not, so make sure the clone delivers or exits before
reaching the right brace that corresponds the left brace whose `c' flag forked
it.