Re: Variable in procmailrc

2002-08-29 06:05:17
Well, I think so, because I don't know in advance the username of the
sender, so I have to compare with the actual username-list.  And to
look for all usernames to find a match, I suppose that I will need a
loop (for name in usernamelist) or equivalent. Isn't that right?

That still shouldn't need a loop.  Where do you have the list of
usernames?  In the procmailrc file?  In which case you can do something
like:

  :0
  * ^TOftp-admin
  * ^Subject:.*ftp-liste
  * ^Subject:.*\<(user1|user2|user3)\>
  [ ..snip.. ]

Or in another file?  In which case you can do something like:

  :0
  * ^TOftp-admin
  * ? formail -c -x Subject: | grep -f usernames.file
  [ ..snip.. ]

Or do you have some other source of usernames?

Hope that helps,
Martin
--
Martin McCarthy                 /</    http://procmail.non-prophet.org