Re: For all incomming messages ...

2002-09-01 09:24:17
Hi, Just want to thank all of you that helped me ...

Professional Software Engineering wrote:
At 18:10 2002-08-28 +0200, Oren Gozlan did say:

Send a copy of the message to the script

:0c
| /root/script

You may require additional flags (see 'man procmailrc') to wait for script completion, to ignore incomplete reads of the message (which procmail will treat as a delivery failure), etc.

Send the orig file to /dev/null & echo mail > /tmp/*.log

You'll need to be a LOT more explicit about what it is you're echoing to EXACTLY what logfile. I suspect you want to APPEND the "mail" text to a logfile, not simply overwrite the logfile:

:0i:
| echo mail >> /tmp/oren.log

This will accomplish discarding the message as well, since in effect it is delivering it into the echo command which doesn't do anything with it, and the 'i' flag says "it's quite alright that the message doesn't get read by the piped process".