Re: Problem with Spambouncer Autoreplying

2002-09-04 03:38:29
On Tue, 3 Sep 2002, Robert Lynch wrote:

@ Matthew G. Saroff wrote:
@ > Hi,
@ >     I'm getting a bit of a mailbombing from someone, and the problem is
@ > that it's trying to reply to all the messages that I'm receiving, which
@ > my sysop is having a problem with.  I've looked at my .procmailrc file
@ > (not temporarily moved), and I can't for the life of me figure out why
@ > it is autoreplying.
@
@ You have a typo:
@ ...
@  > BLOCKFOLDER=$DEFAULT
@  > BLOCKREOLY=SILENT <--- should be BLOCKREPLY
@  > BULKFOLDER=$DEFAULT
        Absolutely right, but the default is supposed to be
blockreply=silent, at least according to http://www.spambouncer.org/.
        Is this a bug in the recipe, or do I have another goof?
        I've solved, at least temporarily, the problem on the other end.
I talked to the sysop, and convinced him that someone has an exploit with
his software ( IP*Works! MIME Component - www.nsoftware.com)...After I got
about 1500 emails over 6 hours.  (luckily all with identical Message-Ids,
so I could kill them on that)
        Why do people run mail servers on Windoze?
BTW, here are the headers from the email that got spambouncer to generate
replies: