ouch! --> /var/spool/mail/BOGUS.joe.fF8

2002-09-10 04:34:09

Since using procmail-3.22 (w/Spamassasin 2.4) to filter spam, I've been
finding user's mailboxes truncated and renamed (eg BOGUS.joe.fF8, then mbox
joe has only 1 msg). There doesn't seem be any rhyme or reason to this so
I'm hoping someone on the list has seen this before. My guess is that is' a
locking problem --I'm running a significant amount of processing on each
mail with this Spamassasin. Sendmail is the MTA (sendmail-8.11.6), RH 7.3 is
the os. Anyhow, here's my procmailrc (as far as I'm aware, there's no
problem with these rules?):

# Increasing the verbosity of logs doesn't offer any clues
# with this BOGUS problem
PMDIR=/var/log
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/procmail
MAILDIR=/var/spool/spamassassin/spamtrap

:0fw

 | /usr/bin/spamc

:0e
 {