Re: Newbie question

2002-09-10 12:19:04
On Tuesday 10 September 2002 10:53, ZekeVarg wrote:
# Hi!
#
# I'm running RH 7.3 and as far as I heard it use procmail by defult. I
# just installed spamassassin to stop spam.
# I have created a .procmailrc in my home directory containing
# :0fw
# * < 256000
# | spamassassin
#
# :0
# * ^X-Spam-Level: \*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*\*
# spam
#
# but it doesn't catch any spam. When searching info it sometimes referes
# to a .forward file in the home directory that I don't have, is that the
# problem and what should the file contain?
# Regards Zeke
#
Zeke,

First off, never assume things, the command (in a terminal):
$ whereis procmail
Will give you:
procmail: /usr/bin/procmail /usr/share/man/man1/procmail.1.bz2

That way, you will know you have procmail.

Your question prompts me to ask a few questions of you.
1.  Is spamassassin in your path?
2.  Do your email headers show the spamassin-generated headers?
3.  If so, have there been any emails with the requisite number of "*"?
4.  Can you post some of your procmail log?
5.  Did you first try spamassassin with its standard entries in .procmailrc
as shown it spamassassin's documentation, and if so did it work, then?

--
Robin Lynn Frank
Paradigm-Omega, LLC