Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-10 12:40:31
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Christopher Palmer wrote:

CP> First, I apologize for any inconvenience the "spam" (that isn't spam)
CP> storm I may have set off has caused.
CP>
CP> I was trying out a new whitelisting service called Spamarrest to see
CP> if it showed any promise.  In a way it has, and in other ways it has
CP> not.  And sorry I didn't catch what it was up to sooner (because I
CP> only very occasionally check the emails from this list).
CP>
CP> Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

The main problems with it, in my opinion, is it has no checking for
mailloops and it sent an email to me when I hadn't emailed you.  I am, at
the moment, an enthusiast for the autoresponder but it needs a lot of
thought.

I have installed a pass-through address for mine but I am reluctant to
post it into this list as there is a small minority who insist on
replying as well as posting to the list, and then the passthrough address
would be available for the spam address harvesters.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )