Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-11 14:28:05
On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 08:34:48PM +0100, Alan Clifford wrote:
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Chris Green wrote:

CG> > I don't like "prove-you-love-me" setups any more than anyone else, but
you at
CG> > least get credit for telling people in advance.  That makes it not
nearly so
CG> > nasty as when it comes as a surprise.
CG> >
CG> I suppose so, it simply prevents me sending any mail to that person
CG> at all.

Do I hear the sound of a penny dropping?

No, you hear the sound of someone who won't bother to send you mail as
it isn't worth the extra effort of jumping through the hoops you're
putting in the way.  Similarly I won't bother mailing people on
Usenet who expect me to remove some part of their 'reply' E-Mail
address before it will work.

I do occasionally have useful information to send to people and
sometimes even get appreciative responses.

My point was that there are methods of preventing junk mail which are
less onerous for your legitimate correspondents to be.

Has your penny dropped?  :-)

--
Chris Green (chris(_at_)areti(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk)