Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-12 15:12:10
On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, David W. Tamkin wrote:

DWT> For the record, I did once go through Alan's hoop --- but it was to alert
him
DWT> that he had misinformed another poster here by making an embarrassing
typo.  I
DWT> did that for the benefit of the other person, not for Alan's.  When I say
that
DWT> most prove-you-love-me setups are worse than his, I am not calling his
good,
DWT> just less bad.  To be frank, if he hadn't forewarned us about his
arrangement
DWT> and his prove-you-love-me had come as a surprise, I'd have posted the
DWT> correction on-list and not cared about embarrassing him.

My view on that one is that I would have prefered you to have replied to
the list so that the original correspondent would have been made aware
that I had posted :O instead of :0

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )