Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-12 06:54:50
On Wednesday 11 September 2002 22:46, David W. Tamkin wrote:

<snip for brevity>
# There is only one way to deal with mail when your filters cannot tell
 whether # it's spam or not: shunt it to a separate folder and LOOK at it.
 Your brain # can tell when your computer can't.  Prove-you-love-mes and
 other whitelisters, # who think they're so superior to mere humans, are in
 fact calling themselves # stupid.  "Was that spam?  I can't figure it out
 for myself."  Sheesh. #
# For the record, I did once go through Alan's hoop --- but it was to alert
 him # that he had misinformed another poster here by making an embarrassing
 typo.  I # did that for the benefit of the other person, not for Alan's.
 When I say that # most prove-you-love-me setups are worse than his, I am not
 calling his good, # just less bad.  To be frank, if he hadn't forewarned us
 about his arrangement # and his prove-you-love-me had come as a surprise,
 I'd have posted the # correction on-list and not cared about embarrassing
 him.
It amazes me how people get political over darn near everything.  If someone
wants to use an autoresponder to control incoming mail, that is their right.
If the person sending them mail feels this makes it too inconvenient, that is
their right.  It could be argued that those who object so strenuously to
autoresponders have a "self-importance" problem of their own.

For the record, we use an autoresponder on a limited basis.  If your email
address indicates you are in a country we don't do business with, or if your
domain is a free web-based one, etc., you may get an auto response.  If that
makes us evil, then maybe you should send your email elsewhere.

--
Robin Lynn Frank
Paradigm-Omega, LLC