Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-11 18:55:05
On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Chris Green wrote:

CG> No, you hear the sound of someone who won't bother to send you mail as
CG> it isn't worth the extra effort of jumping through the hoops you're
CG> putting in the way.  Similarly I won't bother mailing people on
CG> Usenet who expect me to remove some part of their 'reply' E-Mail
CG> address before it will work.

This is an interesting reaction to the autoresponder and, I hope, a
general one.  You see, I enjoy participating in a small number of
newgroups and mailing lists but I don't want this participation to
generate email.

If I did feel the need to email, say, you, your email address would be put
into the whitelist as the message went out. If you employed some sort of
autoresponder defense, then I would navigate through it.  If you really,
really wanted to email me, then you can.  But you don't want to email me
because of my password autoresponder so, as I see it, everyone is happy.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )