Re: Spamming list members

2002-09-10 13:10:08
Alan wrote,

| I have installed a pass-through address for mine but I am reluctant to
| post it into this list as there is a small minority who insist on
| replying as well as posting to the list, and then the passthrough address
| would be available for the spam address harvesters.

It's not only that; many respondents who reply only on-list will still display
your full address in their attributions.

| ( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
|   email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )

I don't like "prove-you-love-me" setups any more than anyone else, but you at
least get credit for telling people in advance.  That makes it not nearly so
nasty as when it comes as a surprise.