Need some help with an issue

2002-09-12 07:49:57
I have a question that I hope someone can help me out with here.

In a nutshell, here is our e-mail scheme:

Our main domain exists on a remote server 'out there' somewhere that runs
procmail.  In that procmail script are recipes for spam, etc, that seem to
be working quite nicely.

Our local system uses fetchmail every 15 min or so to go out and grab that
email and bring it all back.  As we have about 100 people connecting to the
internet via a single DSL line this works very well as most of the spam,
garbage, klez worms, etc, are dropped before they are even brought into our
local system.

So far, so good.

The issue I am trying to deal with is this:

We have several people who subscribe to various mailing lists.  I would like
for my procmail rc files at the remote end to be able to do a lookup in a
'friendly' list that says 'all mail coming from these places is okay'.

I know this can be done on an individual basis, but what about server-wide?

Any ideas would be helpful.

Joe Newby
Network Administrator
Stone County Ironworks