procmail log watcher

2002-09-20 01:04:43

Hiya.

Here's something some of you may find handy, if you spend alot of time
at a command line.  It's an awk script that tails your .procmail.log
file, summarizing results and giving you basic traffic statistics, live.
I sort my list mail directly to various folders, and use the results of
this to get a quick heads-up on what folders have new mail.

http://www.it.ca/software/pmlw

The program still has some ugliness using temp files on startup, but I
wrote that part a while back and haven't rewritten it using mktime
because mktime appears only to be only supported in very recent versions
of gawk.

Feedback would be very welcome.

--
  Paul Chvostek