duplicate messages

2002-09-20 01:18:54
Did you guys notice the message below got sent twice?  This has been
driving me nuts.  Ever since I started using fetchmail, procmail, and
sendmail, (as opposed to kmail for everything), my messages get sent
multiple times.  Some people are getting duplicate messages from me
months after they got the original message.  Has anyone else had this
problem?

----- Original Message -----
From: Justin Gombos <jgombos(_at_)comcast(_dot_)net>
Date: Sunday, September 15, 2002 1:35 pm
Subject: Getting index's to update using Fetchmail -> Procmail -> MBOX

I finally got procmail working.  I gave up on trying to run it on
the schools
computer, so I download it w/ fetchmail and run it locally.

After procmail sorts through my mail and delivers it to different
mailboxes
(in the MBOX format), KMail 1.1.99 does not flag them as unread
messages.
Has anyone run into the same problem, w/ Kmail or anything else?
I'm willing
to switch mail readers if it's going to be a problem to correct it
w/ Kmail.
I would expect a mailreader that keeps track of the read messages,
rather
than the unread, would handle this better.  I believe Eudoramail
works this
way, but it's Windows-ware.

I know with mutt there's a way to specifically flag messages of
interest, but
that won't do.  I wan't everything new to be colorcoded and
counted.

I've been reading THE PROCMAIL COMPANION by Martin McCarthy, which
is well
written and concise.  I recommend it to all beginners, and I also
expect it
to be a good reference once I'm experienced.  However, I can't
find anything
on this notification issue in the book, and the archives don't
quite address
it either.