Spamassassin + Procmail

2002-09-23 04:59:56

Hello Users,

I setup a combination of Exim+Procmail+Spamassassin and it's worked so
well until a few days ago when it started to fail (somehow).

Basically, Exim invokes procmail which in turn runs spamassassin (spamc)
via a procmailrc:

I've turned ON the logging as you can see. Initial problem is that procmail
doesn't seem to log _everything_ that it is doing.

-->8--
#
DROPPRIVS = yes
LOGFILE=/tmp/procmail.log_`/bin/date +%y-%m-%d`
VERBOSE=on
LOGABSTRACT=all

# Allow users to recover quarantined e-mail.
:0
* ^TOquarantine
|/root/Exim-filters/spam-manager/recover-spam

# E-mail recovered by the following procedure is pushed without
further checking in SA (Spam Assassin)
# email pushed by the quarantine recovery are delivered immediately
:0:
* ^From quarantine(_at_)wananchi(_dot_)com
$DEFAULT

# We do not want to re-check the summary messages with SA, so we deliver them
# straight
:0:
* ^From root
* ^Subject: Quarantined messages
$DEFAULT

# All newly arrived  messages are checked with smapc/spamd
:0fwE
| /usr/bin/spamc -u $LOGNAME

:0e
{
    EXITCODE=$?
}

DATE=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M`
PID=`echo $$`
SPAMFILE=$DEFAULT-spam.$DATE.$PID

# quarantine in /var/spamassassin/spam/user-spam.date.pid if the message is
tagged
# as possible spam
:0:
$SPAMFILE

-->8----

The biggest problem is that the last recipe seems to be ignored.
Mail is tagged correctly but instead of being quarantined, gets
delivered to the user's mailbox..

That is the $64 million question - why could this be happening??

Thanking you in advance.

-Wash

--
                       /"\
Odhiambo Washington    \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign

What goes up must come down. Ask any system administrator.