Re: gmane

2002-09-24 22:22:26
Trevor Jenkins wrote,

| On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Ruud H.G. van Tol <rvtol(_at_)isolution(_dot_)nl> wrote:
|
| > There is a usenet-interface of this list at:

| Why must people gate mailing lists to newsgroup?  ...
|
| Is this supposed to be a closed list or not?  ...
| If it turns out to be open (via a newsserver) then there'll be saying
| goodbye.

There's just about zero probability that anyone at procmail.org or
rwth-aachen.de is gatewaying this list.  gmane just grabs mailing lists
without asking first.  A list manager has to find out that gmane is doing it
to that list and to ask them to stop and to remove their existing archives;
then they will, I'm told, with great reluctance and amid protestations that
they can't imagine why anyone would decline their valuable service.  It's
strictly opt-out with them and they claim they see nothing wrong with that.