Re: Problems Caused By UBE

2002-10-03 06:32:43

--On Thursday, 03 October2002 17:47 +0500 zafar
<zafar_f3(_at_)my(_dot_)web(_dot_)pk> wrote:

<http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>
 i read it but it has a simple one example.
but it is not perfect for all kind of problem.
it mean how i come to know that a mail in UBE mail
Anyclue to check that that is UBE mail and that forward it to the
UBE folder. i get the example  but i want to know how a yahoo UBE
mail in automatically transferred to UBE(Bulk) folder.

You need to look at the full headers of these messages and
determine a header that is in these and only these messages. Then
create a Procmail recipe that looks for that header and delivers to
the appropriate mailbox. I discuss this in my Quick Start. But, as
I say in my QS, I recommend that you do "Reverse UBE" filtering,
which means that you create Procmail recipes to filter out all the
good stuff (i.e., SBE and greenlist messages) and then use a tool
like SpamAssassin to assign a spam probability to the messages that
fall through your Reverse UBE filters. I discuss this in both my QS
and on my Reverse Spam Filtering page.

HTH,
Nancy