Re: Problems Caused By UBE

2002-10-03 13:21:45
[wow, yet another subject line for the same discussion]

At 17:47 2002-10-03 +0500, zafar did say:
hi all
 thanks for all who give me suggestion to use this site for
study

<<http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>http://www.ii.com/internet/robots/procmail/qs/>
 i read it but it has a simple one example.
but it is not perfect for all kind of problem.

It might help if you come to understand that if YOU are going to use procmail, YOU need to LEARN how to write recipes. The various resources linked from:

        <http://www.procmail.org/>

are intended to help with that. THEY ARE NOT intended to be "the recipe you just drop in and use," which seems to be what you're expecting, given your response above. If you browse through them expecting to pluck out a solution in the form of a prewritten recipe, you're going to come up short. You are unlikely to find anyone here who is interested in writing your recipes for you.

There is NO magic key that makes the spam go away. There is no flag that says "this is UBE, delete me". If you're looking for something to address spam, and are not interested in taking the time to properly learn procmail and write your own recipes, then start looking around at SpamAssassin and the other tools like it which use heuristics to deal with spam. A websearch would do you wonders.