Re: problem with bouncing

2002-10-03 09:58:03
On Thursday 03 October 2002 08:28, Ryan wrote:
Im using mandrake 8.2 with a combo of postfix+procmail.

Everytime my mailbox gets aroung 40-50 MB procmail starts bouncing
emails with attachements.

Here is an example from a log:

 Subject: forgot pic
   Folder: **Bounced**
   1871290
   procmail: Extraneous copy-flag ignored
   procmail: Error while writing to "/var/spool/mail/ryan"
   procmail: Truncated file to former size

If I empty my mailbox all works fine. I have no quotas and 800MB of free
disk space on that partition.

Ive looked through docks and didnt see anything. Hopefully this is
common so I can fix it before it happens to one of my users.

Thanks guys!

This is not a procmail issue.  It is a postfix issue.
do a postconf -d and you will find an entry like this:

mailbox_size_limit = 51200000

That is the default.  You can change it in your main.cf