Re: regular expression question followup 3

2002-10-05 08:29:41
Thank you for your help.

You are very welcome.

On the linux box I use Pine. I think, Well lets export the file and
see if the string is there. Maybe I made a mistake. When I export the
mail to a text file the href.... string is not there. Now this may
just have something to do with Pine exporting files. But my question
is, Does Procmail search the text of the file eg. html code or does it
just search what the user see's. I can only think that this my
problem.

procmail searches the raw content of the email.

I suspect that your test mail contains encoded text rather than the
literal text 'href=...'

Pine is presumably showing you the decoded text rather than the actual
email content.  Your best bet is probably to look through the list
archives for threads relating to decoding MIME attachments or hope that
someone with more interest in MIME than me jumps in.

Or you could assume that anyone who sends you MIME messages where text
portions are needlessly encoded may be trying to hide things from simple
mail filters, and just throw those messages away unread.  I tend towards
this approach!

Cheers,
Martin
--