Re: regular expression question followup 3

2002-10-05 14:33:40
On Sat, 5 Oct 2002, Martin McCarthy wrote:

MM> > On the linux box I use Pine. I think, Well lets export the file and
MM> > see if the string is there. Maybe I made a mistake. When I export the
MM> > mail to a text file the href.... string is not there. Now this may
MM> > just have something to do with Pine exporting files. But my question
MM> > is, Does Procmail search the text of the file eg. html code or does it
MM> > just search what the user see's. I can only think that this my
MM> > problem.
MM>
MM> procmail searches the raw content of the email.
MM>
MM> I suspect that your test mail contains encoded text rather than the
MM> literal text 'href=...'

Have a look at your raw mailbox:

less mailbox

and you will see what is really there.

MM> Pine is presumably showing you the decoded text rather than the actual
MM> email content.

Pine also saves the decoded text when you export it to a file.

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )