Re: Which is the open relay?

2002-10-06 08:26:45
Try www.spamcop.org they will figure it out for you.. And even send an complaint.

>was mailed from.  My question is: is the open relay 209.10.150.70 or
4.46.79.27?
        I want to complain to the appropriate sysop.

Don't expect to much from them. It depends on the corp and their location but I usually keep getting the spam..

If you maintain the mailserver yourself you might want to look at one of the open relay blockinglists.

If you feel one IP is bombing you it would be more appropriate to block them via iptables or whatever mechanism your server uses. Or ask your sysadmin to do it for you.

Bye,

B.