Re: dynamic received-header matching-problem

2002-10-11 15:08:11
At 14:13 2002-10-11 +0200, Tony L. Svanstrom wrote:

let's ignore all "do the filtering pre the server where I'm doing it"-talk)
from the right Received-line.

You can't just configure your MTA to add an X-Envelope-To: header. You're not clear in your "pre the server" blurb - is it that you can't configure your MTA, or that you're using a kludge such as fetchmail instead of regular MTA message receiption, or what?

The problem is that what I really want to do is to get the env-to at the first Received-line where the for-part isn't a certain user(_at_)dom(_dot_)tld;

A sed script might be the way to go. Sorry, I don't have one written here - my MTA is configured to provide envelope information.

solution to not wanting to extend (dom\.tld|dom2.tld) to include all possible
domains (not to mention that the number of domains is very dynamic, and I
don't want to update my procmailrc all the time).

That's a VERY generalized regexp, intended only to put you on a track to one possibility - including the specific mailhost that you expect to be identifying the for portion. Technically, it should have a terminating delimiter - whitespace, semicolon, or closing brace after the address, but then you'd need to weed that out in a subsequent recipe operating on the match itself. No need to get into the details of making this a perfect parser if it isn't doing what you want to do anyway though...

 The number of Received-lines between that server and where I'm doing the
filter isn't constant.

Some demonstration of what you're talking about would probably help.