Re: Adding custom mail headers via a filter?

2002-10-17 21:05:15
On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 the voices made Robert Nicholson write:

On Friday, October 18, 2002, at 02:37 AM, Ruud H.G. van Tol wrote:

Robert Nicholson skribis:

I currently Bcc myself the outgoing message and I process that in my
filter by adding the recipient to the "known senders" list.

Nice trick (but you have to make sure that such a mail is really coming
from yours truly).

Short of using digital signatures there's really not much you can do.

 Unless the server is more or less broken and/or the evil guy is an user of the
same server you don't have to deal with digital sigs in this situation.

        /Tony
--
# Per scientiam ad libertatem! // Through knowledge towards freedom! #
# Genom kunskap mot frihet! =*= (c) 1999-2002 tony(_at_)svanstrom(_dot_)com =*=

     perl -e'print$_{$_} for sort%_=`lynx -dump svanstrom.com/t`'