Re: Adding custom mail headers via a filter?

2002-10-17 08:01:46
When I suggested,

| >  :0hf
| >  * ^^rom( )
| >  | sed '1s/^rom/From/' # or heck, sed 1s/^/F/

Robert objected,

| I had an email that had body text
|
| asdljflkasdfjalsfjasfljasflkjaskfljasdf;jasdfkF=
| rom asldfjasklfjaslkfjaslkfjaslkfjaslkfjasdflkj
|
| so I don't think that rule is 100% reliable.

So what?  What does the body have to do with it?  Your problem is with the
first line of the head, my recommended code examines only the first line of
the head, and it affects only the first line of the head.  The content of the
body is as irrelevant as the color of your eyes or the direction of the wind.