Procmail Problems

2002-10-24 01:47:00
Hallo Again,

Sorry the earlier mail was not complete.

I am new in the Linux Enviroment, and hope to get help from some one who is more experienced.

On my Mail Server Postfix is the MTA, in Postfix main.cf file I found this command:

Mailbox_Command = /usr/bin/maildrop

and I have no rights to change the conf. .

Secondly I have Sendmail as a MTA on my Local Computer with the following conf. :

Mlocal, P=/usr/bin/procmail, F=lsDFMAw5:/|@qSPfhn9, S=EnvFromL/HdrFromL, R=EnvToL/HdrToL, T=DNS/RFC822/X-Unix,
                A=procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u

And my procmailrc file looks like this

          PMDIR=$home/shenvi/procmail

          LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log

           LOG="
           "

          VERBOSE=no

          MAILDIR=$home/shenvi/Maildir

          INCLUDERC=$MAILDIR/rc.testing

In my rc.testing :
         0:
          * ^Subject:.*test
          IN-testing/

I tried sending mail with diff subjects containing test and without test, but mutt shows me both the mails.

Now my Question is is it neccessary to tell Postfix on my Mail Server to check for Procmail or is it enough that Sendmail is conf for Procmail ?
and when no why is procmail not filtering my mails ?

I woul dbe grateful for ur help and time that u take to answer my problem.

thank you

nandita

Nandita Shenvi
Appartment Nr. 707