Default Delivery

2002-10-30 20:17:47
Originally I created a rule at the top of my files like:

MYDOMAIN    = `/bin/dnsdomainname`

:0
* $ ^^From .*$MYDOMAIN
${DEFAULT}

:0
* ? test -f ${BLACKLIST}
* ? ${FORMAIL} -zx"From " | $GREP -iqf ${BLACKLIST}
/dev/null

:0
* ? test -f ${WHITELIST}
* ? ${FORMAIL} -zx"From " | $GREP -iqf ${WHITELIST}
${DEFAULT}

:0
*! ^MAIL_DAEMON
| foobar.pl

This is essentially a long list of SELECT/CASE statements.

After these rules I have regular mailbox filtering where I dump lists into different folders. But it seems that ${DEFAULT} is short circuiting this second set of filters that I apply later on.

--
Use what talents you possess: the woods would be very silent if no birds
sang there except those that sang best.