Logging?

2002-11-04 09:45:21
Hi!

I'm pretty new to procmail filtering and I don't get something.

I know there is a global procmailrc file - which is always being
processed, right? There are also ~/.procmailrc files - user
files which are processed after the main /etc/procmailrc file.
OK. Sounds good to me :-)

I have a problem about logging...

On my machine I have the following /etc/procmailrc file:
VERBOSE=on
LOGABSTRACT=all
LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail
LOG="
"

and for user "kocurek" I have .procmailrc file:

SHELL=/bin/sh
PMDIR=$HOME/Procmail
LOGFILE=$PMDIR/log
LOG="
"
VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.killdupes
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.subscriptions
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.spamassasin
INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/rc.sms-info

OK. So where is the problem? I thought that main (I mean those
which concern /etc/procmailrc file) procmail logs would be put
in /var/log/procmail -- but... it seems that nothing is put
there.

Logs for user "kocurek" are fine - created where I want them to
be in ~/Procmail/log

... but I want that global log file (all that is executed from
/etc/procmailrc) in /var/log/procmail...

Am I missing something?
Am I misunderstanding something?
Any help would be appreciated.
--