Re: variables

2002-11-06 07:21:56
On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Tom Allison wrote:

Udi Mottelo wrote:

SHELL=/bin/sh
LOG="`printenv`
"

    Now, run it:

prompt% procmail ./env < /dev/null

This is awesome!
It also tells me that there are some people out there writing
stuff for email that isn't nearly as interchangeable as they claim
to be.

        Sorry. I explain it now.  Procmail sets its variable in the
        environment i.e. if you call for a program or run a command from
        procmailrc this command will heir the variables that you (or
        procmail) set.
        The shell command to see the all current variables is:

printenv

        To run the command from procmailrc I put the back quotas (`).

`printenv`

        To print it out with no recipe I put it in the LOG varyable:

LOG=`printenv`

        To make newline at the end of the line I added the quotas (")
        including the NEWLINE:

LOG="`printenv`
"

        To be sure that procmail will interprate the shell colling
        as wy want to:

SHELL=/bin/sh

        Here we are with a very little procmail rc file:

SHELL=/bin/sh
LOG="`printenv`
"

        About the usage.  I redirect /dev/null as input, because of
        no need for a message.

        I hope that now it is more interchangeable (?)

Bye,
 Udi