Re:Procmail Question

2002-11-13 10:59:53
At 10:52 AM -0500 11/13/02, Dave Cook is rumored to have typed:

Every document and FAQ I have read
stated that you have to put multiple recipes within the { } braces and it
will work which it did when used system wide but not for local users
.procmailrc?

   It shouldn't have...you need to make a copy of the message for the first
delivery recipe. (Once a message is delivered, it's _gone_ and procmail stops
processing the procmailrc file.)

   So:

:0H
*  ^Subject.*(testing)
{
   :0 c
     spam

   :0:formail4.lock
      (stuff)
}

   ...should work much better. (You must have been receiving a bad exit code
on your comparason to true in the /etc/procmailrc example, which would have
caused the message _not_ to be delivered so far as procmail is concerned,
even if your no spam message was sent. I dunno..didn't look at it real hard.)

*  ^Subject.*( spam\.com)

OR

*  ^Subject.*( spam.com)

but when I tested this, it worked either way?

   Well, sure...I don't know much regex, but I know this one. The "."
wildcard means _any character_ - so:

*  ^Subject.*( spam.com)

   would match spam.com, spammcom, spamxcom, ad nausium. "\." (escaping)
means ONLY the "." charcater, so:

*  ^Subject.*( spam\.com)

   ...would ONLY match the literal spam.com and not the other examples above.

         Charlie