Re: Procmail Question

2002-11-14 16:28:08
Don Hammond <procmail(_at_)tradersdata(_dot_)com> writes:
One thing that is curious to me is I couldn't generate an "Error while
writing to" message while doing some simple tests.  I was expecting
that these filters should have an "i" flag.  I'm sure I've seen those
errors in my log files with similar recipes, which were cured with the
"i" flag.  Is it because I was testing from the command line and
something to do with std in/out on a terminal?

Procmail will only see a write error if the message is smaller than the
kernel pipe buffer or if the program in the action exits fast enough
to catch procmail before it does the writes.  Try testing with messages
larger than 8KB.

Philip Guenther