new to procmail - some questions

2002-11-14 16:35:32
Hello,

I'm quite new in procmail and some questions remained.
This is what I'm using for maillinglists which I've
subscribed:

:0:
* (^TO|^CC)procmail
procmail-users

Am I right in locking such files on incoming mail? I
mean, on frequented lists it is possible that there can
be more than one incoming mail at the same time. Is
procmail able to spool such mails, or is the MTA (Exim)
waiting for procmail to finish up? What about me browsing
such mailfolders with my client - mostly Mozilla but I'm
going to install twiggi: http://twiggi.sourceforge.net/.
Actually that's the reason for me to grabble with
procmail - MUA filters with IMAP are painfull.

Is this

:0:
*
(^TO|^CC)(debian-devel|debian-devel-announce|submit(_at_)bugs(_dot_)debian(_dot_)org)
debian-devel

sorting mail with to or cc header fields filled with
debian-devel(_at_)*
debian-devel-announce(_at_)*
submit(_at_)bugs(_dot_)debian(_dot_)org

into debian-devel?

Thanks
    Volker

--
We haven't figured out how to be lower priced than Linux.
                                Steve Ballmer (Microsoft)