Re: newbie need help.. attachment is causing problem

2002-11-16 11:37:46
You didn't include the headers of a mail which gets through and one which
doesn't; you should also try verbose logging, although in this case I don't
think it would show you much.

Here is what I think:

Check the Content-Type: of your message. It's either multipart, or a
non-text type, possibly base64 or quote-print encoded.

If it's multipart: anything which is not encoded as part of a part is not
considered a "valid" part of the message. If it's encoded: anybody's guess!

David Wu wrote:
Hi guys, really need help on this,
I wrote a recipe for notifying myself that i have a new mail in my work
mail box. I dont want to forward the work mail to my home mail box just so
I can keep things simple.The recipe works fine, but if someone write me a
email with attachmentthen the notification email delivery to my home mail
box will not show the body which is just one line of text, " There is a
new mail in my work mail box".  How can I fix this??Thank you very much
guys.

[...]

:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO(workmail(_at_)work)
| ( formail  -I"From: Admin User <admin(_at_)work>"\
     -A"X-Loop: workmail(_at_)work" ;\
     echo "There is a new mail in my work mail box" ) \
| $SENDMAIL homemail(_at_)home

Rewrite the Content-Type header. This might work, I haven't tested it:

:0 h c
* !^FROM_DAEMON
* ^TO(workmail(_at_)work)
| ( formail  -I"From: Admin User <admin(_at_)work>"\
      -I"Content-Type: text/plain"

--

Fred Morris
m3047(_at_)inwa(_dot_)net