Re: parsing email addresses - multiple ones that is

2002-11-16 10:37:40
At 17:13 2002-11-16 +0100, Eric Smith wrote:
To: "'era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi'" <era(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi>, Eric Smith <eric(_at_)fruitcom(_dot_)com>, "Joe Bloggs" joe(_at_)bloggs(_dot_)com

Add:

To: "lastname, firstname" <someaddress(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld>,
someotheraddrees(_at_)domain(_dot_)tld

There are of course many others, but this one demonstrates a particular problem you'll need to tackle -- you can't simply parse the line for tokens separated by commas, the parser needs to understand quote pairs.

I presume that the Cc: field is part of your project as well?

I haven't had a need to do this, but I suspect your answer lies within a piped perl process. If you check the ORA regexp book, there's an appendix that covers email address parsing with a massive regexp - that may be adaptable.