Re: Filtering mail once on the server

2002-11-28 14:04:13

Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

Hi All,

I have used fetchmail to download all my mail onto the local machine, and
am trying to filter my mail into seperate folders using procmail recipies,
but I do  not want to have to use a MAU. Is there a tool out there that I
can run .... and say read my already downloaded /var/spool/mail/mailfile
and filter it into the correct folders/files based on the new changes that

You can use formail

formail -s procmail < /var/spool/mail/mailfile

HTH
grtz

I have made to my .procmailrc file ?

Problem is that I did not have my .procmailrc file setup correctly the
first time arround, I fixed that ... but now I want to automatically sort
all the mail that was not placed in the correct folder/files when
.procmailrc was setup incorrectly.

Do I have to use some form of MAU for this, or are there tool out there
that can help witht this ?

Thanks
Warrick