Re: Recipe help

2002-12-06 18:19:04
On Sat, 7 Dec 2002, Warrick FitzGerald wrote:

WF> All the lists that I subscribe to, I use
WF> lists(_dot_)listname(_dot_)myname(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com as the
subscription address, then when
WF> mail gets sent to me I try and use the email address that it was sent to
WF> as the basis as to where the mail is stored eg
WF> ~/Mail/MailingLists/listname
WF>
WF> However trying to get this to work is proving to be a bit of a challenge.
WF> This is the recipe that I am currently using :
WF>
WF> :0:
WF> * lists\.\/(_dot_)*(_dot_)wfitzgerald(_at_)crtman(_dot_)com
WF> * MATCH ?? ^^\/[^.]+
WF> MailingLists/$MATCH
WF>
WF> the current problem is that for example when I subscribe to the cricket
WF> mailing list ... all the mail ends up in a "sourceforge" folder.
WF>
WF> This is what the header looks like
WF>
WF> ---------------------------
WF>
WF> >From cricket-users-admin(_at_)lists(_dot_)sourceforge(_dot_)net  Fri Dec
WF>         by mail.crtman.com (Postfix) with SMTP id EBA3EAA6C2
WF>         for <lists(_dot_)cricket(_dot_)wfitzgerald(_at_)crtman(_dot_)com>;
Fri,  6 Dec 2002
WF> 15:59:30 -0500 (EST)

You should really check your log to see the matches.  But I'd say you have
matched on the Received header, with your \/ locating at
sourceforge.net[66.35  etc

You second \/ is anchored at the start of sourceforge.net...  and locates
on the first character that isn't a . so you are still at sourceforge

Something like that ...

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )