Re: Help me on this one please

2002-12-10 16:04:05
On Tue, 10 Dec 2002, Nancy McGough wrote:
NM> Thanks dman. I'm going to forward a copy of your message to the
NM> Pine team -- hopefully they'll at least put a warning about
NM> spam-detection tools in the Help on this feature.
NM>
NM> If anyone has any insight into how prevalent this (no valid
NM> domain name in a Message-ID) is in spam-detection tools, please
NM> let me know.

It depends on your meaning of "valid".  I get spam that has a message id
with my mailbox provider's domain in it.  I assume the message arrived
there without a message id at all but maybe they replaced a malformed one
- I have no way of telling. ( I filter such messages out from legitimate
messages that have such message ids using the absence of other information
in the headers).

Alan

( Please do not email me AS WELL as replying to the list. Personal
  email is welcome but may invoke a password autoresponder. )