Re:Forwarding Inside the SAME domain question

2002-12-13 17:02:54
At 6:15 PM -0500 12/13/02, Doug Hubbell is rumored to have typed:

How can I get this to check JUST once, and forward the message in the
SAME DOMAIN with out getting caught in a loop?

   Ooh! Ooh! Me! Let me!

   You gotta love it when a person provides a solution in the way they phrase
the question...since you want to eliminate loops, how about using loop
detection? This is discussed in the man pages and I'm sure the archives are
filled with mentions of it, but by simply adding, say, an X-Loop: header
field the first time through, and checking for it _before_ the recipies (only
performing the recipies if it does not exist), you avoid the loop, QED.

   (I think there's a better solution to what you're trying to accomplish,
but I don't know your setup...I can't tell if you're trying to do everything
in the /etc/procmailrc instead of the user's .procmailrc files where
something like this makes more sense, or if you're on a virtual domain with
only one account, or what.)

         Charlie