procmail - dmail- .procmail doesn't work

2002-12-14 10:40:13
Hello Everybody,

I have been trying to get Dmail, Procmail and my mbx format mailboxes to
play together, I have succeeded to some extent but have hit a brick wall
recently.

What I want to do is implement mbx mailboxes for the users. I have set
up /etc/procmailrc which filters the incoming mail and forwards some to
shared folders while most of the mail goes to user mailboxes using:

</etc/procmail>
-------------------------------
:0
| /usr/sbin/dmail +INBOX
-------------------------------

On the user side I have setup a .forward file in my user area which
contains
"|exec /etc/smrsh/procmail"

I know that this is forwarding mail since I was getting error messages
previously but when I moved the procmail to smrsh everything seemed to
work. But the .procmailrc containing the following

<~/.procmailrc>
-------------------------------
# SHELL=/bin/sh
LOGFILE=procmail_user1.log
LOG="
"
DROPPRIVS=yes
VERBOSE=yes

:0
* ^From(_dot_)*(_at_)localhost(_dot_)localdomain
| /usr/sbin/dmail +localmail

does not seem to work. The log file is not even created and the
filtering does not work.

I have been trying to fix this for the past 5 days and would really
appreciate any suggestions that comes my way.

Please Help.

Thanks,

Faraz