Email Audit Recipe

2002-12-20 11:46:28
Hello!

I am trying to use a Recipe that will audit ALL OUTGOING emails from a
"Global" /etc/procmailrc file.

The recipe below only seems to work when "internal" outgoing emails are
sent, and it ignores all email sent outside my "tecategroup.com" domain.

:0
* ! LOGNAME ?? ^auditor$
{
         :0c
         # Person being audited for all outgoing messages
         * ^From(_dot_)*dhubbell(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com
         # Email Auditor that gets a copy of ALL outgoing emails sent by
         # employee.
         ! auditor(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com
}

Next I tried to figure out WHY internal email addresses work, and
external email address do not get caught in the audit.  See attached
email header examples.

When I looked at the email headers, both "internal" and "external"
contain:
From: "Doug Hubbell" <dhubbell(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com>
I thought the above recipe would read all headers regardless, and get
caught if it contained the line that had "From
dhubbell(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com".

NOTE:
        Both Internal and External Email headers were sent from
"dhubbell(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com"...
        The internal email test was sent "From
dhubbell(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com"
to "diont(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com". (Internal Does Work!)
        The external email test was sent "From
dhubbell(_at_)tecategroup(_dot_)com"
to "dhubbell76(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com" (External Doesn't get caught in recipe)

Thanks for reading my request/problem.

Doug Hubbell