Re: procmail blues: half-shod solution...

2002-12-29 14:50:21
poff(_at_)sixbit(_dot_)org told Sean,

| >Interestingly, after I sent that email I figured out a way to cope with
| >addresses like yours, with name <address>

Sean replied,

| You should check that again -- mine is "address (name)" not "name <address>"

Some MTAs rewrite From: and Reply-To: lines on incoming mail to change
"address (name)" to "name <address>" and some do the opposite.  Both types
probably should leave them alone, but such things do happen.  So it's not at
all impossible that Sean may be sending out one form and poff receiving the
other.

It's definitely not the list software, because I see Sean's From: line as
"address (name)," but it could be poff's MTA.