Re: procmail blues: half-shod solution...

2002-12-30 06:33:09
I could more readily expect an MUA to change the appearance of an address,
whereas an MTA really has no business _changing_ parts of the message if
they're syntactically correct to begin with.  It's one thing for an MTA to
tweak something to bring it in line with standards (adding a Message-ID or
a Date: for instance), but changing other headers is just plain evil.

Yes, in fact, if you view headers in pine (you have to enable view headers
in your .pinerc first, then try "h") it will show the From: as address
(name), but when you take of headers it shows From: as name <address>

So pine *does* reformat for message viewing, but doesn't change the
messages or anything.

I'm going to try messing around with ^^From[^ ] and I'll see what I come
up with.

I'll even read about From_ or whatever it is.

Thank you for all your help, although in your instance, it catches the
fact it's a list before it wonders about the rest of the stuff...

Poff

poff(_at_)sixbit(_dot_)org