Re: procmail blues: half-shod solution...

2002-12-31 13:29:36
On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 08:22:12PM +0100, poff(_at_)sixbit(_dot_)org wrote:
I do have a few questions after perusing the various man pages..

* ^From.*peter

Does this mean peter has to be the last thing on the line? Or is it
allowing and waits until it hits a "peter" then matches?

doesn't need to have peter as the last thing in the line. Anything after
the peter text isn't anything you've mentioned anything about and is
therefore ignored. This will even match

Frommeter-blixa: herpeterium(_at_)snakeland(_dot_)com

How can I execute a script everytime a mail comes? For example, I used to
get notifications of new mail when I was logged on, but now all my mail
files are in $HOME/mail/ this doesn't happen.

* ? `true`

should definately work.

* ? 1

might work too.

--
65. If I must have computer systems with publically available terminals, the
    maps they display of my complex will have a room clearly marked as the Main