Re: filtering to my inbox *and* each mailing list's file

2003-01-06 17:21:07
Zack Brown <zbrown(_at_)tumblerings(_dot_)org> said:

:0
* ^TOprocmail(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
Procmail/Procmail.$MONTHFOLDER

if mail is sent to the procmail list, and Cced to me as well, I
never see it in my INBOX. The very first recipe snags it and puts it in
the procmail mailbox.

You need to filter the list mail that you only want in the list
by a header that is only on list mail.  With the procmail list,
an ideal such header is the X-Beenthere: one.  Thus,

        :0  # no lockfile needed; we're saving to a folder, not a flat file
        * ^X-BeenThere:[        ]*\/procmail
        $MATCH/$MATCH.$MONTHFOLDER

There's a space and a tab in the square brackets.

You don't really need the match syntax here, but I added it
so you could think about combining several of your list recipes.
This, at least, is the starting framework for that.

# everything else goes in my INBOX
:0
INBOX

I hope INBOX is a dir.  If it's a file, then you want a second
colon after the zero, so that a lockfile will be invoked.

--
dman