Sendmail - Procmail - Mailertable

2003-01-13 10:43:58
Hi all,

    I will try my best to word this question concisely....

I am running:

FreeBSD 4.4
Sendmail V9
Procmail 3.22

I have some 'real' unix users set up, lets use 'unix01' as the example.

I have some virtual domains set up on the machine. lets use 'domain01.com'
as an example.

I want to have all email sent to the machine for domain01.com passed to the
real unix user unix01 and filtered by procmial so that it will be dropped
into some virtual users files in unix01's home directory.
example:

virtualuser01 --> parsed by /home/unix01/,procmailrc    as a result, this
email needs to get placed into /home/unix01/vmail/virtualuser01

Now, to try and accomplish this, I have:

-Placed an entry in /etc/mail/domaintable that reads
    "domain01 <tab> unix01:procmail"

-Placed a .procmailrc in /home/unix01 that reads

MAILDIR=$HOME/vmail
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log
VERBOSE=yes
LOGABSTRACT=all
INCLUDERC=.procmailrc

-Placed a .procmailrc file in vmail that reads:

DOMAIN=virtualdomain01.com

:0c
* $To:(_dot_)*virtualuser01(_at_)$DOMAIN
        virtualuser01
}

My issue is:

-Any mail that is sent to the server that is not a real unix user is still
bounced back to the sender with the message 'User does not exist". This
makes me wonder if I have missed something in the setup that accepts mail
for that domain, regardless if there is a real unix user.
    I do have the procmail settings in sendmail.cf and there is an entry in
local-host-names and relay-domains for that domain.

As you can see, I am in the process of setting up Virtual POP accounts. Any
help or ideas would be appreciated.

-Grant